Old 10-10-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
ebike

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: www.vodafone.co.nz
Default Application loading with Desktop Manager

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

I cannot seem to load applications with Desktop manager. As I understand, Desktop manager is supposed to pick up the directory where the program installs the .aix/.cod files and display the application name in a list, well my one doesn't, and I have tried different applications. The only way I can install at the moment is over the air ...

I have tried a manual install as well by "add"ing the .aix file, but I get this error "No additional applications for your device were found".

The version of Desktop manager (That came with the device) is 4.2.2.14 and the version shown on my BB is v4.2.2.151 (Platform 2.5.0.21) ... do I need to upgrade Desktop Manager, if so, where do I obtain it from.

Any help appreciated ..

Thanks.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebike View Post
Hi All,

I cannot seem to load applications with Desktop manager. As I understand, Desktop manager is supposed to pick up the directory where the program installs the .aix/.cod files and display the application name in a list, well my one doesn't, and I have tried different applications. The only way I can install at the moment is over the air ...

I have tried a manual install as well by "add"ing the .aix file, but I get this error "No additional applications for your device were found".

The version of Desktop manager (That came with the device) is 4.2.2.14 and the version shown on my BB is v4.2.2.151 (Platform 2.5.0.21) ... do I need to upgrade Desktop Manager, if so, where do I obtain it from.

Any help appreciated ..

Thanks.
You need to install the Handset software for your device into Desktop Manager. You can download it from your carriers website.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...king-help.html

Last edited by TroyDBrown; 10-10-2007 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: Added Link
Old 10-10-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
ebike

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: www.vodafone.co.nz

Thanks, that's just what I needed.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
Srwilliams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by troydbrown View Post
You need to install the Handset software for your device into Desktop Manager. You can download it from your carriers website.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...king-help.html
I am having the exact same problems that is pointed out in this thread. I believe the above may be the solution but my not being a techie, how do I go about loading my software into the desktop manager. I have my DK Manager loaded and know how to operate that. I am lost with the process of loading the curve software onto the Desktop manager. Can someone direct me on how to do this
Old 10-10-2007, 05:09 PM   #5
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srwilliams View Post
I am having the exact same problems that is pointed out in this thread. I believe the above may be the solution but my not being a techie, how do I go about loading my software into the desktop manager. I have my DK Manager loaded and know how to operate that. I am lost with the process of loading the curve software onto the Desktop manager. Can someone direct me on how to do this
Goto the below link and choose Get Software next to your device and install it. Then you are all set.

Curve Update
Old 10-10-2007, 05:15 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by troydbrown
Quote:
Goto the below link and choose Get Software next to your device and install it. Then you are all set.

Curve Update
Close desktop manager (if it is running) before you run the handheld software installer.... I think it may prompt you to do it anyway, but not sure.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:18 PM   #7
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Close desktop manager (if it is running) before you run the handheld software installer.... I think it may prompt you to do it anyway, but not sure.
Good catch thanks!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:13 PM   #8
Srwilliams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: T-Mobile

I apoligize to everyone for my ignorance with this. Will someone show some patience and explain how to go about this. People are saying run the handheld software installer, etc. Yet, I do not know what that software is and where to get it. If so one could please give me a step by step approach to fixing this problem. Again I apologize

C
Old 10-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #9
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Step by Step:
How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

run, as in click on the *.exe file to "execute" or run the file. The OS will load to your PC and be available, for Application Loader to see it, and allow you to load other applications.

Last edited by JSanders; 10-10-2007 at 07:16 PM..
Old 10-10-2007, 07:22 PM   #10
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Quote:
I apoligize to everyone for my ignorance with this. Will someone show some patience and explain how to go about this. People are saying run the handheld software installer, etc. Yet, I do not know what that software is and where to get it. If so one could please give me a step by step approach to fixing this problem. Again I apologize

C
PM me if you are still stuck and I can call you.
Closed Thread