PDA

View Full Version : help needed! email issues

bob_az
11-05-2007, 01:51 PM
i have an 8703e with verizon, and just last week i upgraded to the new OS v4.2.1.106 - i am BIS

im having issues with my blackberry email address (username@<hidden>) - it has been working fine, but all of a sudden its not working. i noticed the issue, sent a test message from my gmail account, which bounced back reading
"has not been delivered to the recipient's BlackBerry Handheld.
The returned error status is <UNKNOWN_ERROR>"

i have 2 email accounts set up on my blackberry - the vzw.blackberry.net address and my work address (which is a POP acct).

i logged into the verizon BIS website, and everything looks perfectly fine. from what i can see, no issues. just to be sure, i sent the service books to my device. once they came through, only my work email came up with the 'congrats...activation...' message. nothing for the vzw.blackberry.net address.

help! i use this a lot, but am unsure of what the problem is. any advice? guidance?

thanks!

Thatzmister2u
11-05-2007, 01:57 PM
You may want to try updating your host routing tables. Check everything in this link otherwise call the carrier. Did you have a change in your plan recently?

My Email Stopped Arriving - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/My_Email_Stopped_Arriving)

bob_az
11-05-2007, 02:06 PM
i am going to try that right now - an update, it appears that i can send emails from my BB to another acct fine, but im unable to receive emails on my BB that are sent to that vzw.blackberry.net address...

any other thoughts?

JSanders
11-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Bob, just follow the instructions in that link provided. If those things don't work, there is likely an outage in service or you account is actually messed up somehow, and you said you have checked it.

In those instructions, after you send service book, pull the battery while powered, and reboot again.