BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General PlayBook Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   OS 2.0 is available but Android is missing :( (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=257877)

smoothadmin 02-21-2012 07:07 AM

OS 2.0 is available but Android is missing :(

I installed OS 2.0 this morning but noticed the Android player is missing after the new OS installed and my tablet restarted. I also noticed that when I searched for android in App World that a lot of applications appeared...so I don't know if the player appears if you download an android app or what?

Email works great, though I can't get it to sync with my hotmail. I does sync well through ActiveSync to my outlook. One bug/draw back I can see my folders but when I select them I don't see any emails. :(

A.

smoothadmin 02-21-2012 08:37 AM

Re: OS 2.0 is available but Android is missing :(

Hotmail doesn't work for me. It's not able to find the server m.hotmail.com, I am not sure if the server is mispelt?

I have managed to setup my Facebook and Linkedin. I have a Twiter account but only used it once so I don't see a need to add it right now.

A.

hrbuckley 02-21-2012 10:11 AM

Install an Android app to see the player. There isn't an icon for the player, Android apps look like regular playbook apps on the homescreen.

mbcvp 02-21-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrbuckley (Post 1768468)
Install an Android app to see the player. There isn't an icon for the player, Android apps look like regular playbook apps on the homescreen.

How exactly do you install an Android app? I don't see any on AppWorld and Android Market won't allow you to do so.

smoothadmin 02-21-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrbuckley (Post 1768468)

I just downloaded and installed Submarine Tunnel from App World, when I click on it it does nothing; doesn't run.

Please advise.

alandry 02-21-2012 11:25 AM

I dont see a 2.0 upgrade icon on my Playbook..I am in a working wifi area. Do you know when it will show up?

smoothadmin 02-21-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alandry (Post 1768482)
I dont see a 2.0 upgrade icon on my Playbook..I am in a working wifi area. Do you know when it will show up?

There is no icon silly.

Go to your system options, and select system update.

A.

Andy_k98 02-21-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothadmin (Post 1768433)
I installed OS 2.0 this morning but noticed the Android player is missing after the new OS installed and my tablet restarted. I also noticed that when I searched for android in App World that a lot of applications appeared...so I don't know if the player appears if you download an android app or what?

Email works great, though I can't get it to sync with my hotmail. I does sync well through ActiveSync to my outlook. One bug/draw back I can see my folders but when I select them I don't see any emails. :(

A.

same observation about folders. I can see them but I don't see the emails

hrbuckley 02-21-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothadmin (Post 1768481)
I just downloaded and installed Submarine Tunnel from App World, when I click on it it does nothing; doesn't run.

Please advise.

Try "Pool Break Lite by Kinetic Bytes" on version 1.8 it has always worked with my Dev 2.0 and works with the production release too.

smoothadmin 02-21-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrbuckley (Post 1768496)
Try "Pool Break Lite by Kinetic Bytes" on version 1.8 it has always worked with my Dev 2.0 and works with the production release too.

Nope doesn't work on my playbook.

A

smoothadmin 02-21-2012 02:14 PM

Okay after doing a secure wipe of my PB and having it download OS 2.0; this time I didn't have to download the additional patch that it downloaded this morning after I installed 2.0 at 5am EST.

And the Android Player worked this time.

jsconyers 02-21-2012 02:21 PM

I am wondering how Cooper likes this update.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-playbook.html

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ook-issue.html

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...g-new-one.html

stevetaz 02-21-2012 02:34 PM

How can he like it? He doesn't have a working PlayBook.....:razz:

jsconyers 02-21-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevetaz (Post 1768516)
How can he like it? He doesn't have a working PlayBook.....:razz:

True, and he is never getting a new one.

NJBlackBerry 02-21-2012 02:56 PM

Not even in the bar? Or at Mike L.'s secret company?

stevetaz 02-21-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1768517)
True, and he is never getting a new one.

Never ever.....:cry:

nastyboy2 02-22-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothadmin (Post 1768512)
Okay after doing a secure wipe of my PB and having it download OS 2.0; this time I didn't have to download the additional patch that it downloaded this morning after I installed 2.0 at 5am EST.

And the Android Player worked this time.

none of the android apps i download from the market work for me either. i wonder if i will have to do a wipe. i dont wanna my apps. yep that solved the problem

Ade 02-23-2012 02:13 PM

After i updated to the 2.0 i was unable to use any android app.. becos i was using the beta 2.0. but i did a wipe and loaded a fresh new update.. now i am able to use android apps.. although its a bunch of games.. can we get get some productive apps for God sake.. working well though..

ZombieBerry 02-23-2012 11:29 PM

Load up the apps you want. Doing it the same way you were doing it on the dev version. Sideload them. What is the issue? All the previous .bar files that were used before can found all over the place and used again.