BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 08-20-2006, 08:05 PM   #1
bfleming34

Model: 7290
Exclamation help with getting password off bb and getting internet on bb

Please Login to Remove!

i have a bb 7290 and when i go into options and try to turn off password, it wouldn't let me. also i can't find an internet browser on my 7290 HELP ME !!
Old 08-20-2006, 08:14 PM   #2
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Where did you get the device? If supplied by your employer, you most likely cannot remove the password since it's enforced via an IT Policy. If not from your employer (eBay), then there is a thread out here somewhere for removing the IT Policy. I'd recommend searching for 'remove IT Policy'.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:41 PM   #3
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Exactly what she said. If the device was supplied by your employer it probably has a policy applied. If it does, they can remotely reset the password for you. If the device is 'found' you won't get any help around here.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-12-2006, 08:28 PM   #4
BBtechrep
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfleming34
i have a bb 7290 and when i go into options and try to turn off password, it wouldn't let me. also i can't find an internet browser on my 7290 HELP ME !!
Something else to think about. If, say the blackberry did NOT come from some employer or was NOT on a Blackberry Enterprise Server, would it hurt to try reloading HHSW into the device to at least give it a try?

Also, if you are missing the Internet Browser icon (assuming the above is true), then check to make sure you have purchased the proper data plan for your bb via your carrier's bb help desk support line and try doing a "Register Now" to bring in the Blackberry Internet Service Service Books into your device.

Make sure you are within coverage area of your city/state and have good signal and go to OPTIONS/ADVANCED OPTIONS/HOST ROUTING TABLE and clicking the track wheel once and selecting "Register Now". Back up one screen and go under "Service Books" to check to see if you have any service book entries listed. Chances are if this is the step needed, then you will have several service book entries for the Internet Service and should see the browser icon almost immediate.

Just something else to consider. Hope this helps.

BB Tech Rep