DNoble
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: 23FE8636
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jifffer View Post
search for TIM Italy - they have the latest OS I believe. I haven't downloaded it yet - some people seem to have complained about system stability.
Yea I have been reading up on the TIM Italy update but due to various complaints I havnt upgraded yet.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:18 PM   #22
Krolla03
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile

how do you install it? where do i put the .jad file?
Old 04-21-2007, 03:46 PM   #23
mrsmokey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krolla03 View Post
how do you install it? where do i put the .jad file?
.jad link is for OTA (Over The Air) Downloads, meaning, you can download the .jad directly from your Blackberry, and it will ask you to install the program.

If you cannot do OTA Downloads, go to the link on the first post of this topic, to visit the site, where you can download a .zip with the files you need, to install via Desktop Manager.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:53 PM   #24
ridiculoushavoc

PIN: N/A
Carrier: att

Ok so all this yes it does support BT Stereo, No it doesnt is confussing me.

Here is what i have so far------> NO it does not support BT Stereo Headset (even though it was advertised to)
AND
YES-------> it will direct music through a bluetooth headset (standard headset i.e. moto H700)
(which this wouldnt make since to me bc if it can pipe it through a bluetooth headset then it should be able to do the same with the stereo bt headset and speakers based on the fact they both work the same its just the stereo headset enhances the sound quality thus why they are used for music and headphones. (i personally only seem to use mine while golfing))

on the YES i have gathered this by what others are alluding to however im still fuzzy on this since someone mention's it and doesnt elborate.

so please for clarity, verify this.

Thanks

Last edited by ridiculoushavoc; 04-21-2007 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: update
Old 04-23-2007, 08:12 AM   #25
dollars5
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Airtel
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridiculoushavoc View Post
Ok so all this yes it does support BT Stereo, No it doesnt is confussing me.

Here is what i have so far------> NO it does not support BT Stereo Headset (even though it was advertised to)
AND
YES-------> it will direct music through a bluetooth headset (standard headset i.e. moto H700)
(which this wouldnt make since to me bc if it can pipe it through a bluetooth headset then it should be able to do the same with the stereo bt headset and speakers based on the fact they both work the same its just the stereo headset enhances the sound quality thus why they are used for music and headphones. (i personally only seem to use mine while golfing))

on the YES i have gathered this by what others are alluding to however im still fuzzy on this since someone mention's it and doesnt elborate.

so please for clarity, verify this.

Thanks
Kindly be informed that we have never advertised that we support BT headset support nor the BT Stereo - pls check the first post for the advertised features.

The BT headset support was reported by some users - they identified it accidentally, and on testing further we were able to confirm that the new RIM OS 4.2.1 enables our application to support BT Headset and there is no Stereo support yet. And it was not programed by us - it is enabled by RIM - we have also mentioned this at http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...tml#post511007

But this Bt headset detection is now seeming o be an additional advantage for our mediaplayer over the bundled one. And sine we did not program it - we have never advertised of it.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:57 PM   #26
dollars5

there is a new version with some minor fixes to video time display (there was a bug that did not allow some media to get the total duration) - pls upgrade your software.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:56 AM   #27
dollars5

Dollars 5 Complete is pleased to announce the streaming audio and internet radio support to mediaPlayer v1.5, read more at http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...ancements.html

And from our forum at Dollars 5 Community :: View topic - New Improved mediaPlayer v1.5: with Internet Radio and from our blog at Dollars 5 Compile Labs» Blog Archive » New Improved mediaPlayer version 1.5 - with tons of features!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 02:53 PM   #28
hkozlovsky
Thumbs Must Hurt

I have tried the media player radio and other then some cutting out every 10-15 seconds (it buffers back after a few seconds), I like it as a first generation.

It would be nice though while listening to the radio to have an incoming phone call interrupt and knock the radio off. Right now an incoming caller goes right to voice mail and I miss the call. The radio seems to take full control over the phone function.

Is this inherent for an radio player on the Pearl?

Other then that congratulations. I hope to see more radio stations listed to your list. Dollars 5 Community :: View topic - Internet Radio stations for mediaPlayer/Radio

Also, how can I get the ip addresses for radio stations in my market who are working through their web sites.

Thanks.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:30 PM   #29
djxedxd

Model: 9530
PIN: bic,no ball point,wait its blue
Carrier: Verizon

ok this is all awsome news i used to have smartvideo with my n-gage and it was all that and then some but this the first good app for the pearl only one prob t-mo dont do streaming in the US so i think the radio thing is outta the question , Someone correct me if im wrong.

What is so hard t-mo please tell me.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:10 AM   #30
hkozlovsky
Thumbs Must Hurt

You are wrong I am happy to say. Dollar5 has created a player v1.5 that does streaming radio. See link Dollars 5 Community :: View topic - Internet Radio stations for mediaPlayer/Radio and does it fairly well.

I am not happy that a phone call does not take precedence to the radio but it is not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djxedxd View Post
ok this is all awsome news i used to have smartvideo with my n-gage and it was all that and then some but this the first good app for the pearl only one prob t-mo dont do streaming in the US so i think the radio thing is outta the question , Someone correct me if im wrong.

What is so hard t-mo please tell me.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:36 PM   #31
djxedxd

Model: 9530
PIN: bic,no ball point,wait its blue
Cool

Oh that is sweet. I've been lookin for an app that does this for so long and the layout in this player is nice very user friendly.
Only one prob where do I go in it to try to load a radio station or is that for the pay version which ima get anyway but I can't seem tA find where to put the URL in I've got this sweet a$$ hardcore techno station I listen to and would love to have it work on my phone.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:09 PM   #32
Micosina

PIN: N/A
Carrier: TIM
Thumbs down

Baaaaaah Cannot turn off the light of your keypad while playing .... too bad i do prefer the old version so. coz i can play movies with the blackberry Multimedia and very good if it was atleast able to turn off keypad lights it was going to great, but im dissapointed
Old 07-09-2007, 11:13 PM   #33
dollars5

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by djxedxd View Post
Oh that is sweet. I've been lookin for an app that does this for so long and the layout in this player is nice very user friendly.
Only one prob where do I go in it to try to load a radio station or is that for the pay version which ima get anyway but I can't seem tA find where to put the URL in I've got this sweet a$$ hardcore techno station I listen to and would love to have it work on my phone.
Usage is detailed at http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...ancements.html

Just while you launched the mediaPlayer - just hit Menu -> you should see "Radio" option there - selecting will launch the Radio UI. There you go..

Should you need any help do let us know in the other thread specific for this.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:16 PM   #34
dollars5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micosina View Post
Baaaaaah Cannot turn off the light of your keypad while playing .... too bad i do prefer the old version so. coz i can play movies with the blackberry Multimedia and very good if it was atleast able to turn off keypad lights it was going to great, but im dissapointed
We are at it, and it will soon be available that you can turn off your keypad lights while playing videos (the reason it is disabled is that it causes interference with the media playback causing serious problems like video distortion etc - we are working on it)
Old 07-10-2007, 11:55 AM   #35
coston4

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile
Thumbs up Thank You

I am thankful for this app. I can now listen to my music on my bt ear bud while my other ear has the work phone on it. I will be giving up the cash to get full access. Thank You Dollar 5 and squad
Old 07-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #36
dollars5

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by coston4 View Post
I am thankful for this app. I can now listen to my music on my bt ear bud while my other ear has the work phone on it. I will be giving up the cash to get full access. Thank You Dollar 5 and squad
Thank you for your kind words of appreciation, we really appreciate the oppurtunity to make you happy with our product
Old 07-17-2007, 09:52 PM   #37
game,the
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700r
PIN: 2045881C
Carrier: rogers

cant download ota. It says it cannot install zip files when i used the .jad link.

I tryed using desktop software but it didnt work too
Old 07-17-2007, 10:14 PM   #38
dollars5

I just tried OTA of http://www.dollars5.com/OTA/multiPlay.jad - it worked fine (note the links are case sensitive - please open this link OTA Install Links and click appropriate applications to install - that should also help).

Try downloading this zip file - this too works fine: http://www.dollars5.com/downloads/bl.../multiPlay.zip ; download fro your PC, extract to the same folder, install using DM with blakberry connected. Do you get any error message while trying to install using DM?
Old 07-17-2007, 10:35 PM   #39
Deedubau

Carrier: T-moible

Well I use my Pearl so much that it's part of me and this is the best program for the pearl so far with jivetalk. I paid 30 dollars within seconds of using this thing. Now, what's the video resolution used to encode videos in full screen so I can get the full view? Also I loved playing a song will browsing the web, but was that a feature you could already do? I feel like an idiot now because I remember doing this on my sidekick and not my pearl when i first got it with one of the first os versions

UPDATE; I encoded my videos to 240*260 and it works fantastic on full screen. I watch videos on my pearl all the time so it's worth it for me. It is noticeable how everything looks a bit taller but it's not too bad to the point where everything looks like skinny giants. It's worth it though because the experience of watching the videos without any borders makes it that much more immersive for me. The only thing I wish the app does is be able to change fonts on the text editor to make it more pleasurable and fun to look at and be able to view pictures so I can finally get rid of the media player icon on the front of my theme

Last edited by Deedubau; 07-17-2007 at 11:32 PM.. Reason: add more text
Old 07-18-2007, 07:07 PM   #40
zoukis05
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

I for one have been happy with the standard media player but decided to try this out because I can't play multiple folders at once. However, It may just be me but when playing from the handset speaker the volume is ridiculously low. The only way to hear it is by putting the speaker by my ear. Is it just me or am I doing something wrong?
Closed Thread