Old 07-26-2006, 06:16 AM   #1
jchenelat
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: Vodafone
Default JVM Errors and Complete Clean of Bberry

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everybody,

First of all thanks for this great forums.

Unfortunately, I am a newbie and need help.

I have a blackberry 8700 that I get with a T-Mobile UK contract.

Since two days, I start to get JVM error (523) quite frequently.

I don't have much thing installed on my blackberry so I was wondering to clean it completely, same as when I bought it. I have all the information such as contacts and so on in outlook so I don't need to worry about it.

What is the best way to clean it completely (I already do a wipe data, but I really want a full clean) ?

I saw the Blackberry firmware update 8700E_PBr4.1.0_rel371_PL2.0.0.133_A4.1.0.309_Telst ra.exe. Can i use this update? The T-Mobile UK bberry applications is older than this (version 4.1.0.286). If i use this file for updating, will it still works with T-Mobile UK, I mean the t-mobile instant email and so on?

Sorry for this lots of question but I am a bit lost.

Thank you for your help.

Julien
Old 07-26-2006, 06:33 AM   #2
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchenelat
Hello everybody,

First of all thanks for this great forums.

Unfortunately, I am a newbie and need help.

I have a blackberry 8700 that I get with a T-Mobile UK contract.

Since two days, I start to get JVM error (523) quite frequently.

I don't have much thing installed on my blackberry so I was wondering to clean it completely, same as when I bought it. I have all the information such as contacts and so on in outlook so I don't need to worry about it.

What is the best way to clean it completely (I already do a wipe data, but I really want a full clean) ?

I saw the Blackberry firmware update 8700E_PBr4.1.0_rel371_PL2.0.0.133_A4.1.0.309_Telst ra.exe. Can i use this update? The T-Mobile UK bberry applications is older than this (version 4.1.0.286). If i use this file for updating, will it still works with T-Mobile UK, I mean the t-mobile instant email and so on?

Sorry for this lots of question but I am a bit lost.

Thank you for your help.

Julien
First, make sure your SIM card is fully seated and locked in! I've seen that be the culprit for Java errors.

There are ways to use other vendor's firmware files. Check out BlackBerryOS 4.x Download FAQ

The error is defined as "System process died". If you've installed any extra apps, delete them.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:18 AM   #3
jchenelat
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for the advice.

I have just installed this version 8700E_PBr4.1.0_rel371_PL2.0.0.133_A4.1.0.309_Telst ra.exe with a complete delete of everything on blackberry.

It seems to works fine so far.

Also, I remove the sim card and put it again.

Now let's see if the error comes again.

By the way, but I am not completely sure, it seems my blackberry runs faster than before. Maybe the clean was needed.

Julien
Old 07-26-2006, 07:32 AM   #4
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchenelat

For a total wipe, use JL_Cmder to format your handheld prior to installing the updated software. Yes, Telstra software will work on your T-Mobile device, just remember to delete the vendor.xml file before installing.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread