Old 09-15-2006, 11:44 AM   #1
BlackBerryCoolSteve
BBF News Contributer

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers
Exclamation Why BlackBerryForums is better than Pinstck

Please Login to Remove!

Folks, hello.
Here's the situation. When news is posted as "first look", shouldn't it really be the first look? That's what I thought.

So I head over to Pinst@ck this morning to see that they posted a review for QuickPlay's "Quickplayer for BlackBerry", something I had done yesterday before heading home for the day. They titled it with oh-so-exciting buzz words like "exclusive" and "first look" - how's that possible if I did the same thing the night before?

Anyway, I register an account (I usually only check BlackBerryForums) and simply state the facts: this isn't a first look, but nice screenshots (said with sincerity and no intent to take a slap at Pinst@ck). They retort with a link saying they were at WES and reviewed the app briefly then. Guess what? We beat them to the punch with that one, too. So I posted that, and guess what I see when I check back for replies:

'You have been banned for the following reason:
bbcool please enjoy "your site" no need to post here right. thanks

Date the ban will be lifted: 09-15-2008, 11:00 AM'

We're not egotistical at BlackBerryCool, but we're pretty proud of our style and reputation that we've built for ourselves. I was personally shocked. They banned the IP, too, so other staffers can't even check it out.

I've been around these forums for a bit, both as a lurker and occasional poster, and never before have we experienced any kind of tripe like the kind Pinst@ck has fed with this.

So, thanks for being decent, BlackBerryForums. If you're a fan of reputable news and BlackBerry coverage, I encourage everyone to avoid Pinst@ck and head to sites like ours and this one, you know, the nice guys.

Thanks for your time,

Steve
BlackBerryCool.com
Old 09-15-2006, 11:55 AM   #2
Postalrecon
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: N80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerryCoolSteve
Folks, hello.
Here's the situation. When news is posted as "first look", shouldn't it really be the first look? That's what I thought.

So I head over to Pinst@ck this morning to see that they posted a review for QuickPlay's "Quickplayer for BlackBerry", something I had done yesterday before heading home for the day. They titled it with oh-so-exciting buzz words like "exclusive" and "first look" - how's that possible if I did the same thing the night before?

Anyway, I register an account (I usually only check BlackBerryForums) and simply state the facts: this isn't a first look, but nice screenshots (said with sincerity and no intent to take a slap at Pinst@ck). They retort with a link saying they were at WES and reviewed the app briefly then. Guess what? We beat them to the punch with that one, too. So I posted that, and guess what I see when I check back for replies:

'You have been banned for the following reason:
bbcool please enjoy "your site" no need to post here right. thanks

Date the ban will be lifted: 09-15-2008, 11:00 AM'

We're not egotistical at BlackBerryCool, but we're pretty proud of our style and reputation that we've built for ourselves. I was personally shocked. They banned the IP, too, so other staffers can't even check it out.

I've been around these forums for a bit, both as a lurker and occasional poster, and never before have we experienced any kind of tripe like the kind Pinst@ck has fed with this.

So, thanks for being decent, BlackBerryForums. If you're a fan of reputable news and BlackBerry coverage, I encourage everyone to avoid Pinst@ck and head to sites like ours and this one, you know, the nice guys.

Thanks for your time,

Steve
BlackBerryCool.com
thats FUBAR

http://xninjax.vox.com/
Old 09-15-2006, 12:10 PM   #3
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

Teh St@ck will never be what BlackBerry Forums is. This site IS the premier site for BlackBerry news, reviews, information, etc...

Teh st@ck on the other hand is well I hate to say it but a biter. I never saw much original content there. BlackBerry forums-- often imitated NEVER duplicated. Between here, RIMarkable and BBhub I have my trifecta of BlackBerry info and I'm thrilled.

Hey mods if you feel what I've said is out of line please remove my post. Thx.

(Watch me get flamed now by st@ckers. Gotta get my flame suit on)
Old 09-15-2006, 12:47 PM   #4
flash24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon

I like both sites.. but BB forums is more organize and user friendly in my opinion.

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 09-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #5
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Steve - Thanks for your kind words about BlackBerryForums.com. We welcome you, and the entire BlackBerryCool.com staff, to stop by anytime.

In the intrest of avoiding a flame war between the two forums I am closing this thread. Thanks for understanding.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread