BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 07:04 PM   #201
krad
No longer Registered.

Model: 0000

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (Pearl: BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Tipmaster does not work on this os
Old 03-16-2007, 07:19 PM   #202
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

I completely wiped my device & reloaded, tried the few things that caused it to crash (like the media playing, etc.) -- still there, these have to be bugs. I didn't restore anything (didn't even register the Host Routing table - a bland firstboot).

All the small things added up, so I downgraded to 4.2.0.73 (the new 8100 RED release) and will wait for the next 4.2.1.x. It's more important to me to have a rock solid device than whizbang new features...
Old 03-16-2007, 07:22 PM   #203
lxalexxl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

What is this new Instant Messaging folder with the smiley face? When I open it there is nothing. Does anyone else get this?
Old 03-16-2007, 07:25 PM   #204
shimey

Model: pearl
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxalexxl
What is this new Instant Messaging folder with the smiley face? When I open it there is nothing. Does anyone else get this?

Me too.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:26 PM   #205
shimey

Model: pearl
Carrier: tmo

Anybody else with call problems?

Ala early Pearl complaints, I'm (since upgrade) having the dreaded "when I call someone they can't hear me" problem. Hang up and call them back and everything is fine....

NEVER had this problem before...are there solutions I need to look up in old threads?

THANKS all-

ck

(previously posted on pinstack)
Old 03-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #206
cliffr39
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
PIN: ask
Carrier: vzw

I don't have these folders with smileys on it... and no problems with calls either.

but yes the media player does seem much buggier IMO
Old 03-16-2007, 08:05 PM   #207
vibribbon

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishguy79
Has anyone witnessed any time zone problems since installing this version? I installed it last night and everything worked without any problems, but I noticed something strange with the time. The time on the home screen was correct, but if I went into date / time it was showing one hour earlier. This also meant that my alarm was an hour late this morning!

I had the DST patch applied from before the upgrade and this had been restored as part of the backup. Thinking that this might be the problem I wiped the device. At this point (before putting any service books on) the time was correct. I then re-activated from the BES and I'm now back where I started. The DST patch isn't being downloaded again from the BES (I know it shouldn't be needed on this software anyway)

Any ideas on what could cause this? Does the Desktop Manager need to be a certain version to work correctly with the DST changes? Or is it a BES issue?

I had no issues at all on 4.2.0.x before the upgrade.
I am experiencing the exact same problem. Re-applying the DST patch doesn't help. I can manually force the time to be correct on the Pearl, but my Calendar appointments are all broken. If I move them to the correct time on the desktop side, when they synchronize through BES they are an hour early on my Pearl. If I move them to the correct time on the Pearl, when they synchronize through BES they are 2 hours late on my PC.

Has anyone got a work around, or do I have to roll back to the old OS? I don't want to lose the improvements to SureType!

Last edited by vibribbon; 03-16-2007 at 08:08 PM..
Old 03-16-2007, 08:20 PM   #208
mpallo

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Has anyone successfully gotten the original T-Mobile Zen 'list style' theme back on? I modified my blackberry.alx file by copying and pasting the <!-- T-Mobile filesets --> portion of my old .64 software into my alx file. That did not work.

As krad suggested I am lost on how to use the apploader to delete the new and load up the old version.

If anyone has done this, would you mind posting the steps?
Old 03-16-2007, 08:30 PM   #209
emsmx5

PIN: 23EF1062
Carrier: T-Mo

Kudos to lxalexxl for posting up the modded alx files! Now I have all the vendor themes, including the TIM theme which I'm trying out now. Just have to get used to the new icons.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:33 PM   #210
riccardojr

Carrier: AT&T

First and foremost thank you all who put me in the right direction to upgrading to this supposed marval of a firmware! Granted, I'm an absolute moron but after downloading and installing the TIM version, when trying to sync there was no recognition of any new software. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!??

SFUSD
AT&T PEARL 8100 4.5.0.99
Old 03-16-2007, 08:39 PM   #211
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Quote:
BlackBerry Messenger application
Old 03-16-2007, 08:39 PM   #212
lxalexxl

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmx5
Kudos to lxalexxl for posting up the modded alx files! Now I have all the vendor themes, including the TIM theme which I'm trying out now. Just have to get used to the new icons.
Thank you good sir.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:43 PM   #213
alinton
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8110
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Thank you good sir.
yes thanks mate, but how do I get the BB to read the new file? I thought deleting vendor.xml would do it, but it doesn't!

Thanks,

Andy.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:46 PM   #214
GrayPenguin

PIN: 23EAF79C
Carrier: Cingular

Has anybody tried see if Flash works?
Old 03-16-2007, 08:49 PM   #215
lxalexxl

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinton
yes thanks mate, but how do I get the BB to read the new file? I thought deleting vendor.xml would do it, but it doesn't!

Thanks,

Andy.
Well first I deleted the vendor.xml, then i replaced the blackberry.alx , then I did the upgrade to the new firmware. If that doesn't work then maybe I messed up. What provider do you have?
Old 03-16-2007, 08:51 PM   #216
emsmx5

PIN: 23EF1062
Carrier: T-Mo

I just put the modded T-Mo alx file on my BB. All I did was download it and put it into the location posted, told Windows to overwrite, and then hooked up the BB. Once I loaded DM, it recognized that the Core files needed to be updated and did it for me. Make sure your BB isn't connected when you update the files on your PC.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:57 PM   #217
alinton
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8110
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Well first I deleted the vendor.xml, then i replaced the blackberry.alx , then I did the upgrade to the new firmware. If that doesn't work then maybe I messed up. What provider do you have?
I'm on Vodafone.

Surely if you replace the alx file then do the upgrade you'll overwrite the modified file?

I just tried it again - no dice!

Cheers

andy.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:10 PM   #218
krad
No longer Registered.

Model: 0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpallo
Has anyone successfully gotten the original T-Mobile Zen 'list style' theme back on? I modified my blackberry.alx file by copying and pasting the <!-- T-Mobile filesets --> portion of my old .64 software into my alx file. That did not work.

As krad suggested I am lost on how to use the apploader to delete the new and load up the old version.

If anyone has done this, would you mind posting the steps?
I will be making a quick and super easy guide with 4 steps on how to achieve this. I will be posting this because i will be applying it to my pearl...

btw.. i have only had one bug so far, when i go to the call timers section of the os, i get a java exception... i can erase or clear the logs... but that doesn't bother me...

- I have had zero call issues, phone rings.. works... people can hear me no problem.

FYI: I have wiped my pearl and loaded the Tim Os. I posted in another thread titled.. "I believe i can".. that i have figured out a way to backup and restore 3rd party and ota apps....

you can find all these directions on my website... Kradest.com

I will post the files needed to load the old tmobile zen theme as well.

stay tuned.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #219
riccardojr

Carrier: AT&T
Talking

Hey all! Successfully downloaded and am currently going WILD with the new device software! Everything works great even though I had an initial minor problem (forgot to delete vendor AFTER downloading new data) but figured it out thanks to your support!!

SFUSD
AT&T PEARL 8100 4.5.0.99
Old 03-16-2007, 09:56 PM   #220
beeH

Carrier: ROGERS

Alarm is fixed....