BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
netghoster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Blackberry Filters the emails that I sent to myself via Gmail?

Please Login to Remove!

My New 9700 seems receiving emails to my Gmail account without issue. However I can't get any of the emails that I sent to myself. Is this normal? Is there a workaround to get the emails that I send to myself? I don't have the Gmail app installed on my BB because it has a delay to get the emails.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Yes, that's normal behavior. Before the last BIS upgrade, if you sent email to anyone, you would also receive a copy of it as if it was also being sent to you. People had to set up filters in their BIS accounts so they didn't receive those emails.

Then BIS got upgraded and (or maybe Google did something, not sure) and they fixed that on their end - but that also meant you can't send an email to yourself on purpose.

The only work around I can think of is to use the Search feature in your email and change the search location from 'local' to 'remote'. Then you can find all of your own sent email.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
paramedic233
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: ch me, I'm dreaming!
Carrier: Sprint BIS

Thank you for the advice.
I hate emailing anything from my device as it always sent at least two copies to myself. Totally annoying.
Closed Thread